Equestrian Connect Terms of Service and Policies
effective August 20, 2011
Information Collection and Use
When a user who is under age 13 attempts to register to use the site or services, we require the child’s first name, birth date and an e-mail address of a parent or legal guardian. We use this information to enable us to obtain parental consent for the child’s use of the Site or Services.
If the parent does not consent or if we do not receive a response from the parent, then we delete the child’s information from our database. If the parent permits the child to register, the child will be able to use all the features of the site and service.
We use the child’s Personal Information to create and maintain accounts, to register the child and the child’s horse for horse shows in response to a request by the child, for research, and to customize certain advertising and content seen on our pages. Please note that, except in the case of sharing the child’s information with a horse show organizer in response to request by the child, such use of information is expressly limited to use within Company or for internal Company purposes only, and Company does not allow any posting or sharing of the child’s Personal Information to third parties on the Internet.
Further, according to COPPA, no web site operator can require, as a condition of participation in an activity that a child under the age of 13 disclose more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary. Company adheres to this requirement.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
• Company will not rent or sell children’s Personal Information to anyone.
• Company will not contact children under the age of 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without parental consent.
• Company will not send Personal Information about a child to other companies or people, except when: we have a parent’s consent to share the information or we are required to do so to comply with the law, including for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; to enforce our Terms of Service, or site rules; or to protect the safety and security of our users and site.
Ability to Update or Delete Information
Moreover, parents may review, edit, and delete information relating to their child’s account at any time. We use two methods to allow parents to access, change, or delete the personally identifiable information that we have collected from their children:
• A parent can access, change, or delete his or her child’s Personal Information by logging on to the website and following the instructions set forth above in “What Personal Information Can I Access.” The parent will need to have their child’s username and password. There are instructions on the website home page where you login as well as in the FAQs. explaining how to recover a password if the child has forgotten it.
• A parent can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the child’s Personal Information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the child’s member name and the parent’s e-mail address in the e-mail so that we can better assist you with your inquiry or request.
Please note that Personal Information about a child may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after a request for deletion of that child’s account. This may be the case even though no information about that account remains in our active user databases.
Equestrian Connect, LLC
PO Box 1277
Menlo Park, CA 94025
You may also telephone us at (310) 906-0041. Please note that if you are not 18 years of age or older, then you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to call this number.