Equestrian Connect Terms of Service and Policies
Terms of ServiceTerms of Service
effective July 21, 2012
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (“TERMS” OR “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES OFFERED BY EQUESTRIAN CONNECT, LLC (“COMPANY”). THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE BY YOU (“SUBSCRIBER” OR “YOU”) OF THE VARIOUS WEBSITES OWNED AND OPERATED BY COMPANY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WWW.EQUESTRIANCONNECT.COM WEBSITE AND DOMAIN NAME (“SITE”), AND ANY OTHER FEATURES, CONTENT, OR APPLICATIONS OFFERED FROM TIME TO TIME BY THE COMPANY IN CONNECTION THEREWITH (COLLECTIVELY “SERVICE”). BY USING THE SITES OR SERVICE IN ANY MANNER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO VISITING OR BROWSING THE SITES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES TO ALL USERS OF THE SITES OR SERVICE, INCLUDING USERS WHO ARE ALSO CONTRIBUTORS OF CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES ON THE SITES. IF YOU USE THE SITES OR SERVICES IN ANY MANNER ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE ALL NECESSARY RIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS TO DO SO.
1. ACCESS TO THE SERVICES.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company provides the Services and the Content (as defined below) solely for Subscriber’s own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party and only for lawful, personal, and non-commercial purposes. Services shall include, but not be limited to, any services Company performs for Subscriber, as well as any Content on the Site. Company may change, suspend or discontinue the Services at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or Content. Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict Subscriber’s access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify these Terms at any time by posting a notice on the Site, or by sending Subscriber a notice via email or postal mail. Subscriber shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Use of the Services by Subscriber following such notification constitutes Subscriber's acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms as modified.
The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old. You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are (i) at least 18 years old or (ii) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you have parental permission to enter into these Terms and to use the Service. You further represent and warrant that all registration information You submit will be accurate and truthful, that You are legally permitted to use the Services and access the Site, and your use of the Site will comply with all applicable laws.
2. REGISTRATION AND SECURITY. As a condition to using Services, Subscriber may be required to register with Company and select a password and Subscriber name (“Company User ID”). Subscriber shall provide Company with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of Subscriber's account. Subscriber may not (i) select or use as a Company User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or (ii) use as a Company User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than Subscriber without appropriate authorization. Company reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a Company User ID in its discretion. Subscriber shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Subscriber's Company password. By registering at this site you agree not to post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or that violate any laws. We will permanently ban all users who do so. We reserve the right to remove, edit, or move any messages for any reason.
3. FEES AND PAYMENT. Some of the Services require payment of fees. For example, certain of the Services allow Subscriber to automatically register horses for horse show events (“Events”), by paying either an annual fee or a fee for each Event. Subscriber shall pay all applicable fees, as set forth on the Site in connection with the Services selected by Subscriber on an order form or otherwise on the Site. Company reserves the right to change its price list and to institute new charges at any time, upon ten (10) days prior notice to Subscriber, which notice may be sent by email or posted on the Site; provided that if Subscriber has purchased a term-based subscription to the Services, such new charges and fees shall only apply at the end of Subscriber’s then-current subscription term (if applicable). Use of the Services by Subscriber following such notification constitutes Subscriber's acceptance of any new or increased charges. All fees paid hereunder are nonrefundable. If Subscriber has selected a term-based subscription for the Services with respect to a specific horse, Subscriber may replace such horse with a different horse; provided that (1) the Services shall no longer be available with respect to the original horse (unless additional Services are selected by Subscriber), and (2) Subscriber may make such a replacement no more than once during such term-based Subscription.
4. SITE CONTENT.
The Site and its contents are intended solely for the use of Company subscribers and may only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All materials displayed, performed or provided or otherwise made accessible on the Site (including, but not limited to advertisements, suggestions, written forum comments, information, data, software, scripts, text, graphics, news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, and interactive features also known as the “Content”) are protected by copyright. Subscriber shall abide by all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
The Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. Subscriber may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in this Section of the Terms), create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or Services in whole or in part.
Subscriber may download or copy the Content, and other items displayed on the Site for download, for personal use only, provided that Subscriber maintains all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Subscriber shall not store any significant portion of any Content in any form. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Company, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content's copyright notice.
Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that if Subscriber uses any of the Services to contribute any content to the Site (“User Submissions”), Subscriber hereby grants to Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish, perform, and otherwise fully exploit (“Use”) the User Submissions in any manner in connection with the Site, the Service and Company’s (and its successors and assigns) business. You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Site and/or the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Site and the Service, and to Use such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Site and the Service. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to Company does not affect your ownership or license rights in your User Submission(s), including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Submission(s), unless otherwise agreed in writing. You understand that Company shall have the right to reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your User Submissions. You represent and warrant (and will promptly demonstrate to Company’s satisfaction upon request): that you own or otherwise control all rights to Use such User Submissions and that disclosure and Use of such User Submissions by Company (including without limitation, publishing content on or at the Sites) will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party; and that You are authorized to grant all of the aforementioned rights to the User Submissions to Company and all users of the Service.
Company reserves the right to remove any Content from the Site at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if Company is concerned that Subscriber may have breached the immediately preceding sentence), or for no reason at all. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Site or Content for inappropriate conduct, or modifying or removing such conduct or Content from the Site.
You are hereby granted a limited revocable license to post content from your user profile on the site (“Shared Content”) on your own personal web site or on a third party web site that permits posting of content at the direction of users provided that such web site (i) is not commercially competitive to Company, (ii) does not criticize or injure Company, (iii) does not obtain any rights to such content other than a non-exclusive license to post it at your direction, and (iv) does not charge for access to such content or products, services or advertising associated with such content, so long as the web site where the link resides, and all other locations to which such site links, comply with all applicable laws and do not in any way abuse, defame, stalk, threaten or violate the rights of privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal rights of others or, in any way, post, publish, distribute, disseminate or facilitate any inappropriate, infringing, defamatory, profane, indecent, obscene, illegal/unlawful or otherwise objectionable information, topic, name or other material (an “Authorized Web Site”). You agree to include, and not remove or alter, Company’s trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights notices, as provided by Company on the Service and within e-mail page(s), when displaying posting any Shared Content, and you agree to comply with any associated usage guidelines that may be provided by Company from time to time. You agree that all goodwill that arises in connection with your use of Company’s trademarks inures exclusively to Company, and you agree not to challenge Company's ownership or control of any such trademarks, nor use or adopt any trademarks that might be confusingly similar to such trademarks.
5. THIRD PARTY SITES.
The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Sites. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under Company's control, and you acknowledge that Company is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Company or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
In addition to the other restrictions posted on the Site, Subscriber agrees not to (and not to allow any third party to) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any User Submissions that: (a) infringes or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity, (b) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane, (c) promotes violence or describes how to perform any violent act, (d) reveals any personal information about another individual that may be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual, (e) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”), (f) involves commercial activities and/or sales without Company’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes, (g) impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Company, (h) create user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses or mislead others as to the origins of your communications or (i) upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware,” “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
Subscriber is responsible for all of its activity in connection with the Services and accessing the Site. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of Subscriber’s right to Services or to access the Site. Subscriber may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Company user.
Subscriber cannot sell the Service or any part thereof (including but not limited to user accounts) or access to them in exchange for real currency or items of monetary value.
Subscriber cannot use the Site or Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including any that is deemed threatening or obscene by Company in its sole discretion, disguise the source of its User Submissions or other information Subscriber submits to the Site or otherwise anonymize Subscriber’s internet protocol address, or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited. Subscriber will not run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or “spam” on the Site, or any processes that run or are activated while the Subscriber is not logged in.
Subscriber cannot reverse engineer, decompile, reverse assemble, modify or attempt to discover any software (source code or object code) from the Site or any software or other products or processes accessible through the Service. Additionally, Subscriber cannot upload to, use or expose the Site in any manner to any software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bombs, spiders, robots, cheat utilities, scrapers or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
Subscriber may not otherwise violate these Terms or any other requirements or restrictions posted by Company on the Services. Subscriber may not violate any applicable laws or disparage, tarnish or otherwise harm, in Company’s sole discretion, Company and/or the Service.
7. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT COMPLIANCE
If you believe that any Content or other content infringes upon your copyrights, please submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
(v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Company's designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
1200 Seaport Boulevard
Redwood City, CA 94062
Attn.: Colin D. Chapman
Please direct any complaints unrelated to the potential infringement of intellectual property rights to email@example.com
Once proper bona fide infringement notification is received by the Copyright Agent:
It is Company’s policy:
(i) to remove or disable access to the infringing Content;
(ii) to notify the Content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the Content; and
(iii) that repeat offenders will have the infringing Content removed from the system and that Company will terminate such content provider’s, member’s or user’s access to the service.
8. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. Company has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to Subscriber. Subscriber acknowledges that Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: (i) any issue relating to any horse that Subscriber has registered with the Services or the Site, including Subscriber’s or any horse’s inability to participate in any Event (as defined below) for which Subscriber has registered; (ii) any cancellation or other issues relating to any Event, whether related to weather or otherwise, or whether occurring before, during or after any Event; (iii) any loss of an Event entry form or application by an Event organizer; (iv) any late fee or other charge imposed by an event or show organizer (including those incurred as a result of a Service failure); (v) any failure by an Event organizer to act on a request by Subscriber to cancel Subscriber’s registration for such event; (vi) which users gains access to the Site; (vii) what Content Subscriber accesses via the Site; what effects the Content may have on Subscriber; (viii) how Subscriber may interpret or use the Content; or (ix) what actions Subscriber may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. Subscriber releases Company from all liability for Subscriber having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct Subscriber to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Company makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site, and Company will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site. THE SERVICES, CONTENT, SITE AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SUBSCRIBER.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS PRIVACY ACT NOTICE (18USC 2701-2711): COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEB-SITE LINKED TO THE SITE. Company will not be liable for the privacy of e-mail addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on Company’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with Subscriber’s use of the Services.
9. INDEMNITY. Subscriber will indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) Subscriber’s access to the Site, use of the Services, any violation of these Terms by Subscriber, or any infringement by Subscriber, or any third party using the Subscriber's account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity or (ii) any dispute between Subscriber and another user of the Service.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICES OR ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (I) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF (A) THE FEES PAID BY SUBSCRIBER HEREUNDER OR (B) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100); (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SUBSCRIBER.
11. TERMINATION. You may terminate the Services at any time by providing Company written notice (email to firstname.lastname@example.org is acceptable); however, any fees paid hereunder are nonrefundable. Company may terminate this agreement at any time by providing you with written notice, provided that if Subscriber has purchased a term-based subscription to the Services, such termination shall not be effective until the end of Subscriber’s then-current subscription term. Company may also terminate or suspend any and all Services and access to the Site immediately, without prior notice or liability, if Subscriber breaches any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination of the Subscriber's account, Subscriber’s right to use the Services, access the Site, and any Content will immediately cease. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
13. ASSIGNMENT. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by Subscriber without Company’s prior written consent except as set forth in this Section 13. Subscriber may assign this Agreement to a third party only if (i) Subscriber has purchased an term-based subscription with respect to Event registrations for a specific horse; (ii) Subscriber sells such horse to such third party; (iii) such third party agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and (iv) such third party provides Company with adequate registration information in accordance with the terms and conditions hereof. This Agreement may only be assigned once, and the exception set forth in the foregoing sentence shall no longer apply following the first assignment of this Agreement.
14. MISCELLANEOUS. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. Company shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Company’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and Subscriber does not have any authority of any kind to bind Company in any respect whatsoever.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 20, 2011
effective August 20, 2011
Children Under 13
What Personal Information Does Company Display or Collect?
The information we gather from users enables us to provide, personalize and improve our services, and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Site. In connection with the Site, we request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of the Site, which allows users to identify each other.
We collect the following types of information from our users:
1. Personal Information You Provide to Us:
When you register a profile with Company, your profile including any information you provide (name, address, gender) will be registered with Company. We receive and store any information you provide in these ways, or otherwise enter on the Site or provide to us in any other way. In each case, we will collect and record the information you have provided. The types of Personal Information that we collect from you include your name, username, address, age, gender, email address, USEF number and other membership numbers in various equestrian organizations, company name, barn name, social security number, citizenship status, phone number, IP address and browser information, and possibly financial and billing information such as credit card or bank account number, name, street address, and phone number. We may also offer you the opportunity to submit other information about yourself (such as occupation, hobbies, interests, zip code, etc.).
You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, attribution for content you submit, customizing the advertising and content you see, allowing you to communicate with other users, and communicating with you about specials and new features. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and account information.
You may choose to share information about yourself through the services on the Site, such as sharing information with other users and members in the service. Any action you choose to do for yourself or other peoples information you have entered into the service that requires the disclosure of information or approval of someone is at your own risk and discretion.
2. Personal Information from Third Party Sources:
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Site or associated services, to supplement your profile.
3. Personal Information Collected Automatically:
• We receive and may store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Site or obtain services from us. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, Company cookie information, and the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time. We also record the details of your transactions on the Site. For mobile devices used to access the Site or the Site’s content, we receive and record the identification numbers of those devices.
• Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. We only use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Site or services so that we can make the Site appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and the Site, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Company never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We use customer contact information to send emails to you about our company, horse shows, and other related topics that may be of interest to users of the Site. We often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Company if your computer supports this type of program. We use this confirmation to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. If you do not want to receive e-mail communications from Company, you may opt out of those communications during the registration process, by changing the necessary settings in your user account or by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
What About Cookies?
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Site are visited and by how many people. Company cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will Company Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
At Your Direction: We may share your Personal Information with horse show event organizers if you direct us to do so as part of our service.
Company Marketing Materials: We reserve the right to list the name of any account holder in our marketing materials, and you hereby consent to such listing. We will not list the names of individuals entered by account holders, but only the names of the account holders themselves. Account holders may request that their names not be listed in marketing materials by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may operate stores at the Site or sell items or services to you through the Site. In other situations, Company may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share user information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business. For example, we may selectively share data with horse show managers in order to provide benefits to our members.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Company’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profiles: User profile information may include your name, phone number, email address and other relevant information. The name, city, state and USEF number for each person entered in our system is viewable by all other Site account holders as part of your user profile. For information other than these items, you will have the option to select what information other users can view from your user profile. To facilitate user interaction within the Site, Company may display to other users the information you select to share from your user profile. Company allows users to search the Site using user names and any other information you elect to share, but Company will not directly reveal your full name to other users.
Communication in response to user submissions: If you choose to submit or post any user submission or user-generated content, as part of the Site and Services, you will receive from Company and other users e-mail and other communication relating to your Content. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such Content, Company and other users may send you e-mail and other communication that they determine in their sole discretion relate to your Contributor Submissions.
Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send us an email to email@example.com.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Company, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Company may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be given the option to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your Company account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Company endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. For additional information about the security measures Company uses in connection with the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to public areas on Site or any other public forums, such information can be accessed by the public.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Company allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing or updating that information. This list will change as the Site changes. You may currently access the following information in your user account:
• account information
• user profile information
• user preferences
• user submissions in your account
You may request the deletion of any of the above information by sending a deletion request to email@example.com
Information about Others
You may decide to provide us with another person's email address so that person may be invited to join the Site or so that we may facilitate your communication with other people through the Service (such as when you upload an address book). We use this information to contact and, if necessary, remind that person that he or she has been invited to join the Site. All invitees are provided with the option not to receive further invitations from us. We may disclose such information if required to do so in order to comply with any legal requirements or process, as described above.
What Other Choices Do I Have?
• As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Company features.
• You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
• You may request deletion of your Company account by sending an e-mail to our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Site, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com or (310) 906-0041. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 20, 2011
effective August 20, 2011
Information Collection and Use
When a user who is under age 13 attempts to register to use the site or services, we require the child’s first name, birth date and an e-mail address of a parent or legal guardian. We use this information to enable us to obtain parental consent for the child’s use of the Site or Services.
If the parent does not consent or if we do not receive a response from the parent, then we delete the child’s information from our database. If the parent permits the child to register, the child will be able to use all the features of the site and service.
We use the child’s Personal Information to create and maintain accounts, to register the child and the child’s horse for horse shows in response to a request by the child, for research, and to customize certain advertising and content seen on our pages. Please note that, except in the case of sharing the child’s information with a horse show organizer in response to request by the child, such use of information is expressly limited to use within Company or for internal Company purposes only, and Company does not allow any posting or sharing of the child’s Personal Information to third parties on the Internet.
Further, according to COPPA, no web site operator can require, as a condition of participation in an activity that a child under the age of 13 disclose more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary. Company adheres to this requirement.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
• Company will not rent or sell children’s Personal Information to anyone.
• Company will not contact children under the age of 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without parental consent.
• Company will not send Personal Information about a child to other companies or people, except when: we have a parent’s consent to share the information or we are required to do so to comply with the law, including for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; to enforce our Terms of Service, or site rules; or to protect the safety and security of our users and site.
Ability to Update or Delete Information
Moreover, parents may review, edit, and delete information relating to their child’s account at any time. We use two methods to allow parents to access, change, or delete the personally identifiable information that we have collected from their children:
• A parent can access, change, or delete his or her child’s Personal Information by logging on to the website and following the instructions set forth above in “What Personal Information Can I Access.” The parent will need to have their child’s username and password. There are instructions on the website home page where you login as well as in the FAQs. explaining how to recover a password if the child has forgotten it.
• A parent can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the child’s Personal Information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the child’s member name and the parent’s e-mail address in the e-mail so that we can better assist you with your inquiry or request.
Please note that Personal Information about a child may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after a request for deletion of that child’s account. This may be the case even though no information about that account remains in our active user databases.
Equestrian Connect, LLC
PO Box 1277
Menlo Park, CA 94025
You may also telephone us at (310) 906-0041. Please note that if you are not 18 years of age or older, then you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to call this number.